Ozawkie has a city council and a planning and zoning committee that invest their time, talents and energy to keep Ozawkie a safe, attractive, progressive community and a great place to live. Ozawkie, a third class municipality, has ordinance and zoning restrictions. Building permits are required for structural modifications and for auxiliary structures. For example, garden sheds, fences and swimming pools. Permits are also required for placement of any new structures, for example, storage sheds on your property. If you have questions or are planning any changes to your property please contact the city office at 785.876.2550. Your City Clerk, will be happy to assist you, or direct you to the person who can answer your questions.
We encourage your participation and input in activities within the community, at our City Council and Planning and Zoning meetings. Our goal is to keep Ozawkie beautiful and relaxed…a place where you love calling your home.
Ways to get involved in the community:
- Attend City Council Meetings
- Attend Planning and Zoning Meetings
- Volunteer for a Committee – We have positions available. Contact Sandi Goetz for Planning and Zoning or the Office of the City Clerk for other positions available.
- Help keep our community neat and clean. By each of us doing our part in keeping the community neat by mowing and trimming our lawns and keeping unsightly clutter picked up we can all live in a more enjoyable environment.
- Local Clubs, Churches and Organizations.
The new website offers loads of information for our residents:
- Area Resources – A page of information and resources within our area.
- City Council – Information about our Mayor, Council Members, Meeting Agendas and Minutes. Keep updated on current issues happening within our city.
- Departments – Information about the city’s departments and employees.
- Events and Activities – Lists things to do in and around Ozawkie. Plus, visit our Home page for the calendar of events.
- Elections and Voting – Get current voting issues and information on where, when and how to vote.
- Employment Opportunities – This page is created to help connect our residents and area businesses when searching for employment opportunities.
- Food and Drink – Local dining in and around our area.
- Garbage and Recycling – Learn what is acceptable to throw out in the garbage for trash service and gain information on what and how to recycle.
- History of Ozawkie – Ozawkie is rich in history right from the beginning. This is the story of your lives…yesterday and today. If you would like to contribute to this page, please email our city clerk at the City Clerk’s office.
- News – Our “News” page keeps you abreast on current issues within the city. Please visit often for updated information.
- Permits and Licenses – Information on where to obtain licenses and permits.
- P & Z – Information about Planning and Zoning and it’s members, meetings and minutes, as well as Building Permits and Board of Zoning and Appeals.
- Points to Ponder – Current issues within our city written by Council Woman Nancy Leek
- Property Taxes – Information about where to file and gather information for your property taxes.
- Schools and Education – Keep updated on school education, information, activities and sports.
- Sports and Recreation – Local sports and recreational activities information.
- Transportation – Find out information about transportation services available to our residents.
- Utilities – Information and contacts for all your utility needs.
- Water and Waste – Information for Water, Sewer and Trash service for the city.
Please contact our city clerk by phone or email if you would like to see or add more information for our residents to the website.
Home | Business | City Council | Departments | Planning & Zoning | Residents | Visitors | News
Contact Us | City Ordinances | Sitemap