Perry Lakeside Living at its Best!
Office of the Mayor
Ozawkie City Mayor Nancy Leek
POWERS OF THE MAYOR. The mayor shall:
- Preside at all meetings of the governing body.
- Have the tie-breaking vote on all questions when the members present are equally divided.
- Take care that the ordinances of the city are complied with;
- Have the superintending control of all officers, employees, and affairs of the city;
- Sign the commissions and appointments of all officers elected or appointed;
- From time to time communicate to the city council such information and recommend such measures as in the mayor’s opinion may tend to the improvement of the general prosperity of the city of Ozawkie;
- Shall have the power, when he or she deems necessary, to require any officer, commissioner, or employee to exhibit his or her accounts or other papers, and to make a report to the council in writing addressing any subject or matter pertaining to the officer, commissioner, or employee position.
- Shall have power to remit fines and forfeitures, to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses.
- Arising under the ordinances of the city, by and with the consent of the council, nor unless the reasons therefore, together with the order of remission or pardon, be entered on the journal by the clerk.
- Have the power to approve or veto any ordinance as the laws of the state shall prescribe;
- Endorse the approval of the governing body on all official bonds;
- Sign all orders and drafts drawn upon the city treasury for money.
Contact the Office of the Mayor: