Our city ordinances requires a building permit prior to any construction, reconstruction, fence placement, sidewalk, driveway placement, accessory building placement/construction, and more. If you have any questions, please call Sandi Goetz by phone at 785.876.2319 or by email for more information on whether or not a building permit is required for your project.
CURRENT BUILDING PLANS IN REVIEW
BUILDING PERMIT FORMS:
Our online Building Permit Application is interactive where you may save it to your computer and type information into fields, click on the appropriate buttons, check boxes and drop-down boxes (click on the down-arrows) that contain lists of related answers to complete the form. The application may be filled out in full, except for the signatures and dates, and then printed (just click on the “Print” button), and then sign and submit the completed application form along with pertinent Building Permit Requirements listed below to the City Clerk.
To view the form a pdf reader is required. Go to www.adobe.com to download the appropriate pdf reader.
BUILDING PERMIT REQUIREMENTS
- A completed Building Permit Application
- A complete Site Plan drawing to the following specifications:
- All site plans shall contain and conform to the following minimum standards and be approved by all members of Planning & Zoning:
- A. All site plans shall contain and conform to the following minimum standards and be
approved by all members of Planning & Zoning.
- Name of property owner, current address, and contact information.
- Lot and Block number within the City of Ozawkie.
- All Drawing must have a north arrow.
- All dimensions shall be feet and decimals of a foot.
- All lettering shall be neat and legible.
- Driveways and access improvements (sidewalks, porches, decks, etc.) shall be shown.
- All public and private rights-of-way and easement lines locates on or adjacent to the subject property.
- All property lines and dimensions of the lot to be built upon showing directional bearings and distances, streets, and location with reference to identifiable street intersections (*see note below).
- Footprint of existing and proposed buildings on site, showing all dimensions of buildings and distances from property lines, streets and easements.
- Location of all existing and proposed water, sanitary sewer, storm drainage
and their easements.
- All existing and proposed utility lines for electric, telephone and gas service
will be indicated and their locations clearly marked. (Call Kansas One Call at 811 or visit www.kansasonecall.com).
- Locations of any external utility accessory (i.e. AC condenser).
Site Plans can be hand drawn but must include the criteria explained above.
- Drawings or Blueprints of the structure to be built.
- Building Permit Application, Site Plan and Blueprints/drawings must be submitted to the City Clerk at least five (5) days before the Planning and Zoning Meeting at which it will be presented.
- Applicant(s) must be present during both the Planning and Zoning and City Council meetings to answer potential questions that may arise.
- Upon final approval of the Building Permit Application all associated fees will then be collected and must be paid to remain in good standing. Fees may include, but are not limited (depending upon type of structure) to the following:
- Administration Fee
- Building Permit Fee
- Inspection Fees (the complexity of the structure determines the number of inspections required)
- Water Connection Fees
- Sewer Connection Fees
- Building Permits are valid for 120 days (6 months) unless building commencement has taken place. The exterior of structures must be completed within 180 days, except for auxiliary buildings and garden sheds, in which completion time is not to exceed 90 days.
- Building Permits must be posted on the construction site visible from the street.
After receiving your building permit, please call Dig Safe before doing ANY digging. If you have done any sort of digging on your property and a utility line is damaged, and Dig Safe was not called to mark the lines, the expense is at the cost of the homeowner. Dig Safe is free and it usually takes 2-3 working days for all of the utilities to be marked.
Call: Kansas One Call at 811 or visit: http://www.kansasonecall.com
See more on: CHAPTER_IV_BUILDINGS_AND_CONSTRUCTION
See more on: ZONING_REGULATIONS
Home | Business | City Council | Departments | Planning & Zoning | Residents | Visitors | News
Contact Us | City Ordinances | Sitemap